Coming Home
Jason and I currently live in Vinton, IA. This is nearly NINE hours away from home. We are getting things rolling with moving back to Minnesota. More than likely the Bemidji area. I’ve told Jason I would like to be NO more than four hours away from home. Today I visited with Mom on the phone and told her my main and most important reason why we’re coming home. Taylor. I’ve been here since December. Missing out on so much. I put it like this: Next to God and Jason, Taylor is and always will be very important to me. I made my decision by asking myself these four questions. 1. What if Taylor is the only girl I ever have? 2. What if Taylor is the only child I ever have? 3. When and/or if we have children, wouldn’t we want Taylor to know her other siblings? 4. When and/or if we have children, is Taylor any less important? No. And yes I would want her to get to know her siblings. I also want to be there when she has band concerts, choir, her first dance, prom. All of those exciting things. I’m not her legal guardian, but I still want to be in the picture. Being in the picture some is better than not being in it at all. Being nine hours away does not give me the relationship I want with her.




1 Comments:
Britton, I think your concerns are perfectly understandable and reasonable. I'm sure Jason and you can figure something out that will work for everyone concerned, but it may take some tough work and lots of planning. GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment
<< Home